<bgsound loop='infinite' src='https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0EWbonj7f18'> </bgsound>

Music

Sunday, February 28, 2016

Mt. Manabu (Second climb)




November 30, 2015 was the date that I conquered my second mountain! Super late blog.

 Mt. Manabu is located in Sto. Tomas, Batangas. Even if I had so much to do that time like school works, I still chose to come with my brother and with 2 of his friends to hike Mt. Manabu. Who wouldn't want right? I'm a beginner, thirsty of adventures like this. Whatever. LOL! 


Coined from the words “mataas na bundok,” Mt. Manabu is actually not that high. Though it’s listed as the highest mountain in the Calabarzon area. Remember that I am an amateur climber, well my brother and his friends are I can say that they are expert climbers.


The first four stations were an easy trek  as we walked mostly on flat terrain. The ascent was gradual, so I didn’t get tired easily. The trail was wet and muddy because it drizzle when we were on our way to Batangas. At first I was so conscious every time that the mud will enter my shoes or will stick on my skin but the heck I almost forgot that it is a mountain, it's typical. I just kept on my mind that this is part of growing up. ahahahaha 

Find me




This is me. Trying to pull my self up, because gravity pulls me down. 




Just trying to appreciate the view even if I'm so damn tired.


Bruises, sweat, tears and all, the view that welcomed us was enough consolation for that hot and tiring climb. 
There’s a cross at the peak of Manabu, which makes me wonder how they brought it up there. The way up was definitely the steepest part of the trail, and it took me forever, mostly because I was scared of slipping. Hey, better arrive safe than fall smack on my face.






Look, we are the only campers that time, but then 2 groups of campers arrived and made noise for the whole night. We can't sleep comfortably because they talk loud basically they are obviously drunk.

But before that, I go back to the top where the cross is standing, and it made me nervous because the view makes my heart pound, if I step wrong, I might fall. My brother hand me a whistle so that I can use it in case of emergency. He knows me well. Hahahaha 

My goal at the top is to take a picture of the sunset but because I was alone, I have to go back while I can still see the trail.


Every thing has an end so this was happened to us while climbing down. Well, Climbing down is easier than climbing up. I can still remember that I slipped for 3 times I guess hahaha. 




Groufie with the gang and Tatay Tino (man at the right, the old one), lol

There's free authentic civet coffee in the mountains courtesy of 
Mang Pirying and Mang Tino in one of the camper's stations (station 5). Fyi, Alamid or Civet coffee is among the world's most expensive coffee. Civets are nocturnal creatures that feed on the fleshy pulp of fruits like coffee berries. Only the fleshy pulp is digested and the coffee beans stay intact. Proteolytic enzymes inside the civet’s stomach seep into the coffee beans, making shorter peptides and more free amino acids. Thus the coffee produced has less bitterness and more aromatic chocolatey taste. The civet droppings are collected, washed and processed. 









The feeling when you are at the bottom of the mountain again!






Don’t dare leave Batangas without having to try its famousLomi. You can find Lomi stands just a walking distance from the Bus Terminal and it is affordably delicious.




Thank you for reading! Might see you at the top of the mountain next time, hahaha

Carpe Diem!

No comments:

Post a Comment